Monday, May 11, 2009

Air Show

We had a great time at the air show in Belle Chasse. I found out about it at the last minute when I checked the calendar on the tourism site (NOCVB). Despite limited advertising and other events in the area, they had a pretty decent turnout. I realized as we were leaving that they must have a thing for competing against other large events. The last one in October of 2007 was the same weekend as Voodoo Fest. I only remember because a friend invited me to go since she got all access passes from Red Jumpsuit Apparatus for that Sunday. As a side note I had no idea who RJA were when I went.

Kyle got to see two aircrafts like the ones his Grandpa (Kris' Dad) was in during his time in the Special Forces. The first was a C-130 that he jumped from. There was a miniature model of it and a full size one. They also had a similar helicopter - a twin Huey which is the newer model that the Marines use. He was a door gunner on a UH-1 Iroquois (Huey). Kris took pics with the 35mm of Kyle next to those two aircrafts as well as most of the good shots of the planes in the air. I have a few shots from my digital that came out okay.

Picture 1 - Cessna

Picture 2 - Lucas Oil Bi-plane

Picture 3 - Heritage flight (P-51 Mustang, F-16 Falcon, F-22 Raptor)

Picture 4 - Golden Knights






























































No comments:

Post a Comment