Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

We used to mostly visit City Park just for Celebration in the Oaks and Storyland on occasion, but we have gone there a little more often lately and I have to say I am really falling in love with the park, which is why I decided to spend Mother's Day there. Our lunch debacle delayed us, so we didn't do everything I anticipated but it was a wonderful outing. We took a walk on the Arboretum Trail in the Couturie Forest. I am looking forward to spending some time there this coming fall. Afterwards we went to the Sunset Sundays concert in the Botanical Gardens. I had not seen the gardens in daylight previously so I really enjoyed exploring. I took a few pictures of the decorative birdhouses representing different neighborhoods of New Orleans. We also stopped in the train garden and it was nice to be able to look around in there without it being crowded. It was a really lovely weekend overall including the Mother's Day tea at Kyle's school on Friday and celebrating Mother's Day with Kris' family on the northshore Saturday. I received some very nice gifts as well. I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!








































No comments:

Post a Comment