Monday, May 25, 2009

Honey Butter Rolls


Kris picked up some Country Crock honey spread from the grocery and we both thought it would be like the honey butter that restaurants serve with hot rolls. I decided to make some rolls to go with it but I didn't like any of the recipes I came across so I winged it and the rolls came out great. They were moist and really flavorful. I probably could have cooked it tad longer so I plan to re-heat the leftover ones in the oven to brown them a bit more. The honey spread tasted like chemicals so I just whipped together some softened unsalted sweet cream butter and honey. Much better. The recipe that I threw together is below - it's pretty basic so it leaves room to customize it.











Easy Honey Butter Rolls
Ingredients:

1.5 cups bread flour

1 cup baking mix

1 tsp. yeast

1 cup water

4 tbsp. honey

4 tbsp. softened unsalted sweet cream butter

Procedure:


(I used a bread machine but ingredients could be mixed in a bowl and left to rise in a warm place for one hour.)


Add dry ingredients to bread machine sifting to combine. Add wet ingredients. Set bread machine to dough setting. My machine is set for an hour and a half but I removed after an hour. It will be more like a batter so it's not necessary to roll out and cut dough. Preheat oven to 350 degress. Grease a muffin pan and use a spoon to drop 3 tsp. (about 3/4 full) for each roll. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Use a tablespoon to loosen sides and slide under roll - they should pop right out.


Yields 12 rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment